Thursday, January 7, 2010

New Year New You

Happy New Year to Everyone!! With the New Year brings a new chance to do something better for you and for others. Many of us make resolution after resolution and find them just too impossible to keep as the glory of the holidays fizzles out and the back to normal routines put us back in our usual ruts. Making resolutions easier to keep is key to making some kind of lasting change to your physical and emotional self--both components needed to ensure health and vitality.

Oh..the dreaded 5-10 pounds that most everyone wants to lose-but just can't seem to. I swear I think it's easier to drop 30 plus pounds than those last few that linger around like an annoying headache. I don't know about you--but as much as I would love to work out in a gym--I really don't have the time or frankly the inclination--but like most of us--I do need to work out and that work out must include real exercises--opening and downing sleeves of chocolate chips cookies-just isn't cutting it!!
I found this fantastic site that gives the real benefit of a gym workout in the privacy of one's own home and at one's own pace and comfort level--all without being super expensive and space consuming...I'm done with my garage sale sold bulky exercise units that ended up collecting dust and clothes that I didn't feel like putting away. You've got to try this--I'm really excited about using it-and can't wait to get back in shape!
Bodylastics has been the #1 alternative to expensive home gyms & health clubs since 1998. The average person cringes at the thought of spending $500 and up to buy a home gym, or join a health club. They understand this! Bodylastics - a workout system that is designed to provide workouts that rival the best and most expensive exercise machines. This amazing system is used by personal trainers, pro athletes, the US military and even S.W.A.T. teams for their training.

Their compact machines are the size of a pair of shoes, yet can be used for muscle building, body toning, even weight loss. They have been featured on QVC, HSN, and were an editor's pick by Self magazine in 2002.

To the Bodylastics team... The Customer Comes First! Most orders ship the same or next business day. Their home gym exercise systems carries a 90 day money back guarantee and a LIFETIME warranty. They believe that their product is the best on the market and will stand behind it 100%


Come see the workout system used by the best!


Start the year off right by making a commitment to your health. Most nutritionists will tell you that the best way to get your vitamins and minerals is really from healthy food--but let's face it--most of us just don't have time or even the willpower to eat healthy all of the time. Vitamins and supplements have helped many to keep their bodies functioning properly. Of course if you have any questions regarding your physical health-do consult your healthcare professional-and be advised that this site is not designed to provide information that will replace or dispute your healthcare provider's advice. I personally use supplements and have found them helpful--I feel safer taking a natural vitamin or supplement than a dangerous drug--just listen to the possible side effects portion of the thousands of drug ads we are bombarded with. I really love the one that says if you have the sudden urge to gamble or engage in risky activity...LOL. What I like about this particular site is that right on the left-hand column is a list of ailments and the associated supplement/herb that may assist you with it. The prices are fair and they often have promos that make trying out new products affordable.

Click to save on quality supplements!

$10 off any order of $30 at Botanic Choice. FREE shipping on orders of $50. Use Code: BCFEBR Expires 2/28/10

Find all the products you need to help you achieve your new goals--from books to gear-nutrition to fitness clothing--Amazon truly has it all-many products with free shipping.


With the New Year comes the opportunity to think about change. One of the most important things that many people I interact with say troubles them is their current job situation. So many feel trapped in a place they are not happy to be in. The best advice for anyone in this situation is that you need to go to a place where you really can't wait to go to. You need to love what you do even if you might not make as much money as you would like--there's always a way to figure out your finances--and the more positive you are--the higher the chances of you attracting better opportunity to yourself...but there isn't much you can do if you are miserable the night before a workday knowing you can't stand your job. Look into yourself to discover your passions and see where that takes you. On your quest for that great job--you need to develop an interesting resume that puts you ahead of the thousands of other applicants who are in the same boat as you...here is a useful and helpful site that guides you through the process of getting your resume seen by lots of employers who need someone like you. Good Luck!!!



Speaking of jobs...many people have found happiness and prosperity by surprise. After going through several job changes and the awful searching for-but finding nothing suitable job searches that so many of us are dealing with in this economy, Angela Marino found a new career path by accident through Avon. Angela says: "Deciding to sell Avon was by far the best decision I've made since I was laid-off from my job. There were a lot of options out there for all kinds of merchandise to sell, however, most of them were geared towards women only and very expensive. I felt that Avon has something for everyone , besides, I truly love their products and have used them for a very long time. Avon is affordable and with today's economy, we still need to feel & look good. I've met so many wonderful people and the product practically sells itself. I'm getting a lot of feedback from some of my customers on how much they enjoy the product. I am, and will always be grateful to Avon for the opportunity to reach out to others and change lives. I can’t imagine the future without some sort of Avon product in my hand. "

Maybe the solution to a brighter future for many of you is to get back to school--finish your degree-start a new career path--whatever your dreams are--let your mind take you there. It really is never too late to learn something new or freshen up your knowledge. FindMyDegree.com matches the right student to the right schools, based on each individual’s unique goals and aspirations.



Looking good and feeling great helps to give you a certain level of confidence that we all need to stay positive in these tough times. Avon not only offers affordable items, but also offers people the chance to "be their own boss" at their own schedules and own earning pace by becoming an Avon representative.I personally use Avon products a lot and was once a representative myself at one time-of course I bought everything in sight-because I really love their products-from make-up to housewares-from skincare to clothing-there really is something for everyone at prices that are fair and reasonable. Be sure to check out their outlet link for even more savings. My two favorite Avon products that I simply can't live without are: Liiv Botanicals Revitalizing Facial Scrub and Mark. Matte Chance Mattifying lotion-which retails for about $16.00 and is similar to a famous high end product from "E.L" that sells for $32.50--which means you are able to get 2 for the price of 1 through Avon. See for yourself what Avon has to offer at Angela's site: http://youravon.com/angelamarino

I know times are tough on just about everyone--but just think that there is always someone worse off than you. One of the best things you can do to help yourself is to feel like you can make a difference in the world--skeptics say no one person can--but I strongly disagree--like 17th Century Poet John Donne says: "No Man is an Island..." and it's so true--we are all part of something larger than we can even put our hands around--the more joy and aid we help to spread around--the more positive energy and feelings of hope and empowerment we bring to one another. Most prophets preach this--now you can live it-but let's face it-being charitable isn't always easy--there are so many different organizations to choose from. Global Giving helps you to connect with causes that matter to you and helps to guide you through the process of making a positive change to others' lives. There's no greater feeling in the world than knowing you at least made an effort.
Global Giving is the leading online marketplace for philanthropy, connecting donors to the causes and countries they care about. Global Giving empowers people to protect the environment, help children, empower women or support any number of charitable causes around the world by connecting them with locally-run projects with innovative ideas that are helping their communities thrive.

Donors who use Global Giving are thrilled with the ability they have to connect to projects and places around the world and see their own impact. Donors appreciate the transparency of the giving process we provide and welcome the feedback they receive about how their contributions have been put to work and the results achieved.
"Global Giving gave me the opportunity to fulfill one of my dreams of becoming a Philanthropist. Thank you for giving me that opportunity. I enjoyed helping to fully fund projects in the past and I look forward to doing so in the future." –GlobalGiving Donor, September, 2009




Thinking about the New Year and the theme of finding inner passion--many of us forget about the healing powers of music. Oftentimes music is just background noise--but do we really take the time to stop and listen to it-to be moved by melodies and rhythms? If you ever observe young babies and children-many of them can't seem to control themselves when they hear music-dancing and bopping around. Just check out You Tube and you'll see thousands of clips attesting to this. It seems fair to conclude that music rests within the human being-I think we just forget that it's in there. I had actually conducted a project in one of my literature classes where I had a student play the violin and then had the rest of the class write down their immediate feelings in the form of poetry---many of them created fine pieces that astounded even themselves. The connection these students made with music and their own inner voice helped to introduce new forms of expressions to these students and also gave them a sense of confidence in their own thinking and creative abilities. Music in all its forms has a way of reaching just about anyone who will take the time to listen. You may read about it on page 8 of the Faculty Notebook page http://www.felician.edu/alumni/media
/felician_focus.pdf


Another example of how music may bring about profound personal change is found in a writing of personal experience entitled "Possession is Real" by Appalachian Trance Metal Performer Killick Hinds from Athens, Georgia where he writes a narrative about the healing powers of music-where simply listening to a piece literally made his ill-ridden body feel better almost instantaneously:

When I was in Essaouira, Morocco in 2001, I encountered a young man possessed by the Gnawa music we were hearing. Despite any reason (rational or otherwise) ascribed to his state, it was quite real. I had thus experienced possession as an observer, a close observer. This Wednesday afternoon I had a sizeable amount of blood drawn for tests to figure out some health issues. I was concerned my scheduled concert for the same evening with visiting double bassist Joel Grip wouldn't be possible, as the energy required to perform is, I reckoned, related to having all my humors and vigors at full tank. So I came home a bit sapped and shaky and wrapped myself in a blanket for respite. Joel arrived sometime after during a moment of wakedness, and Delene and I greeted him and showed him in. I sorta kinda fell back asleep still woozy and wavy. Until I heard his bass downstairs being plucked. I popped out of my cotton burrito in a way that surprised me. It was the irrepressible manner in which my Moroccan cohort gravitated to, listed to, was full-body drawn to the music. My pre-bloodlet strength returned. I continued to laze around with no more concern. The music would sustain me, and I'd make strong music this night.
For more information on Killick and his music please visit: http://killick.tumblr.com/
http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/killick3

Make this the year you decide to be creative. We all preoccupy ourselves with worries and spend less time focusing on our own creative talents. I've always wanted to learn how to sew--I know, that sounds so "Little House on the Prairie..." but think about it-if I can sew-I don't have to rely on a tailor,I can do it myself. Start with something small-like a pillow or table runner--and then see where your wok will take you. I found this great site,Hancock Fabrics, Inc., which is one of the leading fabric chains serving the home sewing market. Known as "America's Fabric Store." Check the out and let me know how your projects are going!

No comments:

Post a Comment